Open position of Marine Autonomous Vehicles Project Director (H2020 GROOM II project)
H2020 GROOM II project for a European Research Infrastructure for Marine Autonomous Vehicles (AUVs) is offering a job position as Project Director.
- Application deadline : 15th March 2021
- Job location : Paris (flexible)
- Job duration : 2 years (could be extended)
- Employing organisation : Armines, Paris https://www.armines.net/europe/
- Short description about the role
- Project Director for a European Research Infrastructure for Marine Autonomous Vehicles
- Marine Autonomous Unmanned Vehicles (AUVs) are widely used for marine research and long term Observing Systems, and increasingly by private companies of the Blue Economy. This sector is continuously growing thanks to the rapid evolution of marine robotics and sensing technologies, as well as the increasing demand of services both in numbers and variety. The operation of these vehicles and their services nowadays rely on a network of research infrastructures distributed all around Europe. The activities in the network include in-situ and remote operations at sea and data management of a large number of AUVs for a wide variety of applications. Such activities rely on important IT resources, R&D to improve the capacity of the vehicles and their sensors, and managerial and financial activities to run the infrastructures and provide access to them to a large public. In this context, we are looking for a Project Director for a European Research Infrastructure for Marine Autonomous Vehicles able to coordinate and promote those activities.
- Link to a page with comprehensive details and how to apply : https://www.groom-h2020.eu/GROOMII_project_scientific_director.pdf