TURBINTERMARS: International Workshop on Turbulence and Interactions in Marine Systems
TURBINTERMARS is aimed at exploring the "trade zones" between turbulence and Earth Sciences and it's focused on boundary layer-sediment interactions at different scales, from micro to macro scales, from observatory, experimental to numerical investigations, and applications in hydraulics. It is committed to case studies dedicated to the polar and non-polar areas, by bringing together scientists active in oceanography as in geological, geophysical and fluid mechanics fields.
The conference is conceived as a plenary workshop with 8 Sessions and 8 Keynote speakers. The program includes maximum 24 oral presentations, with preference given to PhD students and young researchers. TURBINTERMARS is mainly devoted to PhD students and young researchers working in interdisciplinary fields of geology, geophysical fluid dynamics, hydraulics, and multiphase turbulence with focus on interface interaction at the bottom boundary of the water systems.
- Vincenzo Armenio (Universià degli studi di Trieste, Italy)
- Alessandro Crise (OGS – Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale, Trieste, Italy)
- Riccardo Farneti (The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy)
- Vedrana Kovacevic (OGS – Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale, Trieste, Italy)
- Michele Rebesco (OGS – Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale, Trieste, Italy)
- Carl L. Amos, Ocean and Earth Science, National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, UK
- Federico Falcini, Institute of Atmospheric Sciences and Climate (CNR), Rome, Italy
- Rui Ferreira, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbona, Portugal
- Marga Garcia, Andalusian Institute of Earth Sciences (IACT-CSIC), Granada, Spain
- Vladimir Nikora, School of Engineering, Aberdeen, UK
- Olivier Simonin, Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse - IMFT, France
- Anna Wåhlin, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Alfred J. Wüest, Eawag: Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, CH
The conference will be held from Monday 23 Feb to Wednesday 25 Feb, 2015 at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.